Last month I went to the annual Whole Earth Festival at UC Davis. I love going because it reminds us to be good to the earth and respect our planet. Along with that, we must also respect our bodies by eating healthy and wholesome foods. The cuisine sold at the Whole Earth Festival was mainly vegetarian and vegan dishes. I stopped at one of the vegan booths and was tantalized by these Chocolate Macaroons. They looked so delicious that I had to buy some. They were amazing! So good, so sweet, and cooled me down on that particularly warm day. They listed the ingredients used to make these and I got pretty close. Wholesome ingredients make these dessert treats guilt-free! Low-carb, gluten-free, vegan, and no refined sugar.
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 tbsp organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp raw organic cacao powder
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- Melt the coconut oil on low on your stove or in the microwave.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and form into balls.
- Place balls on a tray in freezer or in a mini-muffin tin lined with mini-cupcake paper liners.
- Let harden. This only takes 5 – 10 minutes. Place in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy all week long!