This Chocolate Banana Ice Cream is like eating a chocolate-covered banana. When I think of chocolate-covered bananas, it reminds me of summer, which reminds me of the County Fair, which makes me happy. And if it’s gluten-free, low-carb, guilt-free Chocolate Banana Ice Cream, then it makes me VERY happy indeed. 🙂
- 2 (14 oz.) cans of unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup of 73% cacao dark chocolate chips or chop up a bar of dark chocolate
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 very ripe banana, mashed
- Mash the banana with a fork and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk and agave to a boil.
- Reduce immediately to a simmer, then remove from heat.
- Mix in the chocolate, salt, and vanilla, stirring constantly until chips are completely melted.
- Cool mixture in pan on counter for at least an 1 hour or refrigerate.
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker, following directions per your machine.
- When ice cream looks like soft-serve stage, pour in mashed bananas and continue to process to desired texture.