Do you miss Nutella? That sweet, smooth, chocolately goo that you can eat straight out of a jar with a spoon? Now you can make your own guilt-free version—but you’ve got to have a good food processor to grind those hazelnuts! This truly tastes like the real deal! It’s low-carb, gluten-free, and can be sugar-free. I have to swat my husband out of the refrigerator because he thinks just because it’s guilt-free, he can eat the entire jar in one sitting. (Hey! Hazelnuts are expensive.)
- 1 cup of hazelnuts
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons agave nectar or 1-2 tsp of Stevia extract powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut oil (*You can substitute peanut oil.)
- pinch of salt
- Roast hazelnuts in the oven at 350˚F on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes.
- Place in a towel and try to rub off as much of the skin as possible.
- In a food processor, grind the hazelnuts to a smooth butter, about 5 minutes. (VERY IMPORTANT! MAKE SURE YOU GET BUTTER CONSISTENCY!) Look at the picture. See the bottom of the food processor? That’s what you want. So take your spatula and scrape the gritty stuff and keep grinding until it’s all smooth.
- Add the cocoa, sweetener, vanilla, oil and salt and process until well blended, about a minute.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Bring to room temperature prior to serving.