Are you missing breadcrumbs to coat your chicken or Eggplant Parmesan? Here’s what I do instead for a guilt-free, gluten-free, low-carb coating:
- beat egg with about 1/8 cup of water in one pan
- coarse almond meal and grated Parmesan cheese in another pan (ratio 1:1)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dip the eggplant (or chicken) in the egg mixture.
- Coat the eggplant (or chicken) in the almond/cheese mixture.
- Either fry in oil or place on parchment-paper-lined cookie sheet and bake in the over at 350˚F, 15 minutes on each side.
- Serve with your favorite sauce and guilt-free pasta of your choice. (*I am eating brown rice spaghetti with my eggplant.)
- Top with mozzarella cheese.