My sister-in-law made this Summer Strawberry Pie and brought it to our family gathering. It was DEEE-LISH!!! Never had I seen a pie disappear in minutes! Well, actually I have because I have four brothers. But with this pie, we didn’t tell everyone. We secretly devoured it minus two brothers. Shhhh!
So I made it myself for another family gathering (my hubby’s side), this time altering the pie crust so I can make it low-carb, gluten-free and no refined sugar (or essentially, guilt-free). Same results. It was devoured!
- 1-1/2 cups of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of baking soda
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 2 tbsp of agave nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white, beaten (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350˚F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine butter, agave and vanilla in a smaller bowl.
- Stir the butter mixture into the dry ingredients until it becomes dough.
- Press the dough onto the bottom and sides of the pie pan.
- Optional Step: Brush the egg white on the bottom and sides of the pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely (or overnight) before pouring in filling.
Strawberry Pie Assembly
- 1-2 baskets of strawberries, washed and cut in quarters (set aside)
- 1 package of sugar-free strawberry gelatin (Follow the packages instructions and set aside.)
- Place strawberries in the pie crust.
- Pour the gelatin over the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours (or until set).
- 3/4 cup of whipping cream
- 1 tsp of Stevia extract powder or 1 tbsp of Stevia in the Raw
- 1 tsp of vanilla or almond extract
- In a bowl, whip cream and sweetener in a mixer or blender until stiff peaks form.
- Place whipped topping in a piping bag and decorate your pie.