If you’re going to make these pancakes it’s because you like avocados. I, for one, really LOVE avocados so when I made these gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb Avocado Pancakes, I was slightly disappointed that there isn’t much of a strong avocado taste. I even ate them with more avocados on the side. The texture of these pancakes are a little weird. It’s hard to explain. They’re kind of like French toast without the crispy bread crusts. Overall, pretty good. I’d make them again, especially with the way I ate them the following day… (scroll after the recipe).
1/2 chopped avocado
1/4 cup blanched almond flour
1/8 cup seltzer water, plain water, heavy whipping cream, or nut milk
1/8 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of Stevia in the Raw (or 1/3 tsp of Stevia extract powder)
pinch of salt
healthy shake of cinnamon
2 egg whites
- In a blender, combine avocado, flour, egg, liquid, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until you achieve a thick pancake batter consistency.
- Whip egg whites until stiff white peaks form.
- Fold avocado mixture into the egg whites.
- Fry pancakes on griddle or in a greased skillet over low to medium heat.
- Top with butter or a little dollop of whipped cream and more cinnamon.
I reheated the pancakes in the microwave for a few seconds, then I smothered it with all-natural peanut butter (and more avocados). Oooh… truly scrumptious! I can’t believe these are guilt-free.
(Recipe is from HeatherEatsAlmondButter.com)