This is what I made last weekend! If you miss Cinnabon, here’s a guilt-free equivalent! Seriously. These Cinnamon Bun Muffins with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting are very moist and delicious. Hits the spot if you’re craving a sticky, gooey cinnamon bun fix. There are many steps but sooooo worth it! (Scroll down to see a picture of the muffin without frosting. Still good even without the frosting.)
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp grapeseed oil (or melted butter)
- Combine agave, cinnamon and oil/butter in a small bowl.
- Set mixture aside.
Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting
4 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
3 tbsp agave nectar
3 tbsp heavy cream
- Combine cream cheese and agave in a medium bowl until well blended.
- Whip in heavy cream until frosting is nice and thick.
- Set aside.
1 cup blanched almond flour
2 tbsp coconut flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
¼ cup grapeseed oil (or melted butter)
¼ cup agave nectar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl blend together oil/butter, agave, eggs and vanilla.
- Blend dry ingredients into wet and scoop a scant ¼ cup at a time into lined muffin cups.
- Spoon topping onto muffins.
- Bake muffins for 8-12 minutes at 350°F.
- Cool muffins for 2 hours then frost with Creamy Cream Cheese Frosting.
Makes 9 muffins.
(Recipe is from Elana’s Pantry.)