Here’s another low-carb, gluten-free pancake I fell in love with… Coconut Flour Flax Pancakes. This one is from HeatherEatsAlmondButter.com and let me tell you, this girl is a genius. She added seltzer water to her batter to make this pancake FLUFFY! Let the picture speak for itself. I topped it with the smallest dollop of whipped cream, and a tiny drizzle of agave nectar as my “syrup” to make this all-American breakfast.
2 tbsp of flax seed meal
4 tbsp of coconut flour
1/4 & 1/4 cups seltzer water
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp vanilla or a few drops of almond extract
hefty shake of cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1/3 tsp of Stevia extract powder (or Splenda)
- Separate the eggs.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff white peaks form. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 2 of the egg yolks together with remaining ingredients except the seltzer water. (Save the third yolk for another recipe.)
- Fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Stir in 1/4 of seltzer water and allow your batter to set for about 10 to 15 minutes while warming your pancake griddle over low heat.
- Your batter will thicken. When your ready to fry your pancakes slowly drizzle in the other 1/4 cup of seltzer water until your batter is pourable but not runny.
- Fry pancakes over low heat.