One of my idols, Elana Amsterdam of Elana’s Pantry, has a new book coming out called Gluten-Free Cupcakes: 50 Irresistible Recipes Made with Almond and Coconut Flour. Her book features a picture of a lusciously sweet-looking strawberry cupcake (much better than my picture above) and her website gave us the recipe as a sneak-peek! I couldn’t resist! So, I preordered the book (only $9.03 and will be released on April 26) and made the strawberry cupcake.
I am a BIG TIME strawberry fan but that’s not the reason these gluten-free, guilt-free Strawberry Cupcakes have now moved to No. 1 on my list! They taste like the REAL DEAL!!! I “heart” these cupcakes! They are moist (thanks to arrowroot powder!) and so light (thanks to coconut flour!). If you can’t decide what to bake this weekend, then I would recommend these. You won’t regret it! Seriously! I mean it!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ¼ tbsp celtic sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup agave nectar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, arrowroot powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, agave nectar, and vanilla extract.
- Blend the wet ingredients into the coconut flour mixture with a handheld mixer until thoroughly combined, then fold in the strawberries.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out with just a few moist crumbs attached.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 1 hour.
(Makes 8 cupcakes)
Whipped Strawberry and Cream Frosting
- ½ cup of whipping cream
- 1 tbsp of agave nectar or 1 tsp of Stevia powder
- ½ cup of chopped fresh strawberries
- In a bowl, whip cream and sweetener in a mixer or blender until stiff peaks form.
- Add strawberries and blend/mix until frosting turns pink.
- Spread over cupcakes.