Just in time for Spring! I’ve had Easter on my mind since Valentine’s Day and since I have to refrain from
eating shoving Cadbury chocolate eggs and marshmallow Peeps into my mouth, I did some sleuthing to find something else that will satisfy my sweet tooth. So I stumbled upon these gluten-free, sweetened with agave nectar Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies from Elana’s Pantry. Easy to do and fun to make with your kids, too!
1-¾ cup blanched almond flour
pinch of salt
2 tbsp of grapeseed oil or melted butter
2 tbsp of agave nectar
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp of lemon zest (packed)
1 tbsp poppy seeds
- In a large bowl combine almond flour and salt.
- In a small bowl combine oil/butter, agave, vanilla and lemon zest.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry, then work in poppy seeds.
- Roll dough out to ¼ inch thick.* (You don’t need to “flour” your rolling pin or your work surface. There’s enough butter or oil in the batter that it won’t stick.)
- Cut out fun shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.