Every weekend, I always feel like having pancakes. So I went to my trusted source (Elana’s Pantry) to see what exciting gluten-free breakfast recipes she might have that would be low-carb AND that I would have all the ingredients in my kitchen. BINGO… I found SILVER DOLLAR PANCAKES! This hits the spot if you want pancakes but not all the carbs. These are really easy to make. It’s made with almond flour therefore they are a bit dense. It has a nutty texture so I chose to top my little stack with banana slices and drizzle about a teaspoon of agave nectar. Yum!
These pancakes should be kept at silver dollar size. I could only eat 3 pancakes because they are quite filling—deceiving little things. The recipe makes about 18 pancakes. You can store uneaten pancakes in the fridge for a few days, and simply reheat them in the toaster.
- Whisk together eggs, water, vanilla and agave in a large bowl.
- Add almond flour, salt and baking soda and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Heat skillet over medium low to medium heat.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of batter onto the skillet. (You can probably fit 3-4 in a pan.)
- Pancakes will form little bubbles, when bubbles open, flip pancakes over and cook other side.
- Remove from heat to a plate.
- Repeat process with remaining batter, add more oil to skillet as needed.