Did you know that Torani makes a whole line of sugar free syrups? I didn’t. I used to drink the regular syrup on a daily basis back in college. I would make Italian sodas with cream and LOAD UP on the orgeat (or almond) syrup! (Probably explained the “Freshmen 40” that I gained.) The only sugar-free option I had back then—as far as I knew—was vanilla. And frankly I thought vanilla was, well, vanilla. Most likely, it wasn’t sweetened with Splenda either. But now, look at all the options:
- Almond Roca
- Black Cherry
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut
- French Vanilla
- Irish Cream
- Peanut Butter
- They even have “Sweetener Syrup” which would be a fantastic replacement for cocktails when your favorite drink calls for simple syrup!
Ok… the list goes on. (You can see all the flavors available on torani.com.)
So now that there are lots of options to choose from, you can make your own sugar-free, low-carb Italian soda at home!
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour 2 oz. (or a shotglass) of sugar-free Torani syrup flavor of your choice.
- Then fill the glass with seltzer water, club soda or unflavored mineral water.
- Top with unsweetened heavy cream or half-and-half. (Optional)
- Stir and enjoy!