Here is a recipe for Chocolate Ice Cream which I absolute love because sometimes you just want to dig in a bowl of ice cream. I LOVE making this ice cream because it’s so easy. I always have a tub in my freezer because you never know when you might have a chocolate craving. This recipe is gluten-free, sugar-free, and depending on the kind of chocolate you mix in it’s dairy-free or vegan.
You’ve got to invest in an ice cream maker or put it on your Christmas list. That’s how I got mine. (Thanks, Christine!) You can make all sorts of sugar-free ice cream at home in so many flavors! Also, if you don’t have one you will need to stir this all by hand every 2 hours or so in the freezer for about 8-12 hours to get similar results. So don’t make this in the middle of the night.
- 2 (14 oz.) cans of coconut milk, unsweetened
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 cup unsweetened baking chocolate (or 1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder)
- a pinch of salt
- 1 T vanilla extract
- Heat the coconut milk and agave in a medium saucepan until it boils.
- Reduce it to a simmer for a couple of minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- Stir in the chocolate until it is completely melted.
- Cool the mixture at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Mix in the salt and vanilla.
- Put the chocolate liquid goodness in your ice cream maker (follow the directions of your machine).
You can easily store the ice cream in the freezer for later consumption – like after I get into an argument with my hubby and I want to drown my sorrows in chocolate. 🙂 Or when I’ve baked a batch of Peanut Butter Stevia Cookies. I love crumbling one or two cookies over it. It’s such a delicious treat!